When is West Indies vs Bangladesh taking place? Friday 17th May, 10:45
Where is West Indies vs Bangladesh taking place? Dublin
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs Bangladesh? Temperatures will vary from 12-14c with plenty of clouds above and some chance of rain throughout play
What channel is West Indies vs Bangladesh on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream West Indies vs Bangladesh? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs Bangladesh? https://www.ticketmaster.ie/odi-tri-series-2019-final-dublin-17-05-2019/event/1800558695955A6D
Bangladesh beat West Indies by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies progressed to the final of this Tri-Nation series with a record of two wins and two defeats but face a tough challenge to overcome the side that were responsible for those two losses.
- West Indies will need to be at their best to see off this buoyant Bangladesh team and one man who shapes to be key is Shai Hope after hitting three centuries and a fifty in his last four ODI matches against the Tigers.
- After fielding an under-strength side throughout this competition, the Windies have another chance to assess the ability of their fringe players ahead of the World Cup and after handing him an ODI debut in their previous game, Raymon Reifer may be given another chance here.
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- Bangladesh come into this final as slight favourites having produced the best quality cricket in the competition so far and will hope that their unbeaten record can be maintained when they face West Indies.
- The Tigers won their third game of the competition with a comfortable six-wicket victory over Ireland in their last group match which means that they ended the group stage with three wins with their other match abandoned.
- Bangladesh suffered a huge injury scary in their last group game as star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan suffered a side strain and whilst he is expected to sit out this final, his availability for the World Cup is not thought to be in question.
Bangladesh have been the best team in this competition by some distance after three comfortable wins and they will look to claim one more victory to seal the Tri-Nations series win. They face a West Indies side that can cause problems but will need their fringe players to put in a big performance. With the World Cup approaching swiftly, there are very few chances for players to force their way into contention for their nations’ first games of the competition and with this being a big chance to shine, it should be a competitive match but it is Bangladesh that can secure the victory.