AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 31stJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Emerald Headingley
Weather? 20c expected and no rain forecast
What channel is it on? Yorkshire Vikings vs Leicestershire Foxes will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Yorkshire Vikings W7, Leicestershire Foxes W12, No Result 1, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Andrew Gale
Captain: Steven Patterson
- The Vikings were hammered by 77 runs on Monday night in their rearranged match with the Derbyshire Falcons in what was their second defeat to the same team in three days so they now sit outside the top four after the Falcons leapfrogged them.
- Changes in the bowling department may be on the horizon and after being rested against the Falcons on Monday, Liam Plunkett will surely return here with one of their other veterans like Patterson or Bresnan likely to be handed a rest here.
- Jack Brooks could also be handed a recall after a dismal batting performance albeit against one of the better bowling attacks in the tournament while Matthew Fisher remains sidelined with a toe injury.
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- This is pretty much a must-win game for the Foxes as they face a direct rival for the top four places and their below-par batting was to blame for their defeat to Derbyshire last time out.
- Zak Chappell missed the game on Friday with a hamstring complaint but he returns to the 13-man squad for this game and it is all-rounder Ateeq Javid who joins the eleven that started against the Falcons on Friday.
- Delport and Raine were unusually slow and laboured in their batting as they combined for 11 runs from 25 deliveries in that match, and they will look to bounce back here and make a fast start against a vulnerable Yorkshire bowling attack.
Crunch time for both of these teams and neither are showing much form at a key time of the season. The Vikings were duly hammered at home by Derbyshire last night at Headingley and they are struggling right now. The Foxes are incredibly inconsistent at the moment but they need to string a set of results together now. Ultimately the team that fires with the bat will likely win this match and based on form, it is difficult to have much confidence in either side right now.