AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 13thJuly, 17:30 (UK)
Where? Blackfinch New Road
Weather? 22-23c with a chance of thunderstorms and 40% risk of rain
What channel is it on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W13, Northamptonshire Steelbacks W12, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Brett D’Oliveira
- The Rapids have played three and won three matches so far in the competition as the standout team in the t20 Blast and they will be looking to keep this tremendous start to the season going here after wins against Derbyshire, Birmingham and Lancashire.
- To boost them even further, they can finally count upon Aussie star Travis Head after his national team duty ended so he will come into the starting line-up to bolster their batting line-up and give a bowling option too.
- They have excellent options to select from but the inclusion of Head is likely to be the only change to a winning team where their confidence is currently flying.
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- The pressure is mounting on the Steelbacks even at this early stage in the t20 Blast as they are the only team to have lost three from three so far and they need to turn it around quickly.
- The biggest improvement has to come in the bowling department as they have conceded 219 runs in two matches with only Prasanna producing solid figures and an economy rate or 6.83 while more of their batsmen need to support Ben Duckett who has been their main contributor.
- The Steelbacks have bolstered their team by signing Scotland skipper Kyle Coetzer so he will add some much needed depth to an average batting line-up, and he could make his first start since he returned to the club.
The omens are not great for the Steelbacks coming into this match as they have lost all three of their matches so far and the Rapids have won all three of theirs. The batting prowess in the Rapids’ ranks has been key to them and against a bowling attack that has conceded 219 in two of their three matches so far, that bodes well for more big hitting and another relatively comprehensive win for the Rapids.