AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 15th
September, 11:00 (UK)
Weather? 15c with cloud but no rain
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W2, Lancashire Lightning W8, No Result 4
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Moeen Ali
- The Rapids were at the top end of the North Group for most of the group stage and they ended up topping the group ahead of the likes of Lancashire so confidence in the camp is high for finals day.
- Coach Kevin Sharp is confident that he will have a fully fit squad at this disposal as D’Oliveira, Clarke and Parnell have all been carrying injuries but the trio should all be passed fit to feature with none of their injuries serious enough to stop them playing.
- The main difference from the previous squads is the absence of star Aussie batsman Callum Ferguson who was a key figure in getting the Rapids to this stage as he has departed for the new season back home so that will add the pressure on to the likes of Moeen Ali to step up in his absence.
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Liam Livingstone
- The Lightning come into finals day following a loss in the County Championship which will likely see them relegated from division one, but they will aim to put that disappointment aside on Saturday.
- They have been handed a major boost by the return of skipper Liam Livingstone who is available after a broken thumb so he will take the reins from veteran Dane Vilas for finals day.
- In addition to his return, they can also count upon England duo Jos Buttler and Keaton Jennings who will bolster a strong batting line-up even further as they aim for T20 success at Edgbaston.
Contrasting team news for the two teams as the Rapids have lost Guptill, Ferguson and Head who all played for them at various stages of the tournament so far, and only Wayne Parnell remains as their overseas player. Lightning have some key men back like skipper Livingstone, Buttler and Jennings which gives them a major boost. With bowling attacks relatively well matched, the Lightning’s batting may just make the difference here and even aside from their big names returning, it is the likes of Davies and Clark that could make the difference.