AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 25th
August, 15:00 (UK)
Where? Blackfinch New Road
Weather? 17-18c and sunny with some clouds
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W7 Gloucestershire W10
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Moeen Ali
- Worcestershire Rapids come into this semi-final in good shape with vice-captain Brett D’Oliveira passed fit after missing the last group stage match with a finger problem, while Callum Ferguson will be motivated to get them to the finals day in what is his final appearance for the team.
- The club were handed a major boost by the news that England released their internationals to play these quarter-final matches so skipper Moeen Ali will play here which is a major addition given his recent form in all formats of the game.
- They have the leading wicket-taker in this season’s t20 Blast campaign in their ranks to they will expect 20-year-old Pat Brown to add to his 27 wickets taken so far, while Ross Whiteley has handed them another boost by signing a new contract this week.
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Michael Klinger
- Gloucestershire were one of the revelations of the t20 Blast for most of the group stage as they surprised many of the more fancied teams before tailing off in the last couple of matches losing to Sussex and Hampshire.
- Momentum is not on their side having lost those two games but they were also comprehensively hammered by Warwickshire in the County Championship so form and confidence has dipped.
- Team news is solid for them as they have their regulars available and in the squad, but they really need their big names like captain Michael Klinger, all-rounder Benny Howell and bowler Andrew Tye to have inspired matches.
A fascinating match in store here as Gloucestershire were in great form throughout the group stage and surprised many with their performances. They did however lose their way in the last couple of matches and have lost some momentum so a fast start will be vital for them. They face a Rapids team who have one of the best assembled sides in the tournament, and they largely coasted through the group phase also. They have the big names and the big hitters while the inclusion of Moeen Ali is massive to their hopes. Difficult to go against them here as barring Andrew Tye producing some magic, they have the firepower to take this game away from Gloucestershire.