AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 14th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The 1st Central County Ground
Weather? 19-21c with no rain expected
What channel is it on? Sussex Sharks vs Glamorgan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W6, Glamorgan W4, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Danny Briggs
- After four abandoned matches having slows the Sharks down, they know that they have to win their remaining three matches in the t20 Blast and they will qualify for the knockout phase regardless of other results.
- They are forced into making one change as skipper Luke Wright is struggling with a back problem so he is absent and that will see Danny Briggs take charge and Harry Finch come into the squad as they are weakened somewhat in terms of their batting.
- Once again their bowling unit will be key in this match and star leg-spinner Rashid Khan will be fundamental to their hopes while Jofra Archer will be buoyed from taking 8/46 in two innings against Glamorgan three weeks ago in the County Championship.
Coach: Robert Croft
Captain: Colin Ingram
- Glamorgan had their five-match winning streak broken by Somerset on Sunday but they travel to Sussex knowing that a win will see them secure a spot in the quarter-finals for the third successive season.
- The same eleven is available for this match as part of the 14-man squad that has been named and it is unlikely there will be changes given how well they were playing prior to the loss at the weekend.
- Their bowling was a little inconsistent against Somerset as they were taken apart by Corey Anderson’s big hitting after some early wickets, and they will have to raise their game here as Sussex will be highly motivated here.
The general consistency in Glamorgan’s play has been excellent this season and they typically compete hard in every game. That does not bode well for Sussex in a game that they simply have to win in a key week for them. They have invested heavily in this talented squad that they have assembled but they have to win the next three matches with no margin for error. One would expect them to be fully focused but the loss of Luke Wright is a blow. They will need others in the batting line-up to step up and given the urgency they will have, that sees them marginally favoured here.