AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 3rd
August, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The Kia Oval
Weather? 30c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Middlesex W10, Surrey W19
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- Surrey looked well set to beat Glamorgan in midweek after posting an impressive 194/4 but that did not prove to be enough as the Welsh outfit managed to knock it off to leave Surrey three points behind the top four and needing a win here desperately.
- They have all their key players available once again other than Sam Curran and they will hope their batting line-up can fire once again and hit the 200 mark against an average bowling attack.
- Outside of Clarke and Dernbach, the rest of their bowling attacking proved to be too expensive and they will need their support bowlers to raise their game to avoid another slip up.
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- Nothing but a win will do for Middlesex here against London rivals Surrey as they have only managed two wins in eight matches and come off a disappointing 12-run loss to Sussex on Thursday night despite Eoin Morgan smashing 90 off 56 balls.
- Their batting once again let them down with not enough players supporting the skipper and they desperately need the likes of Stirling, Eskinazi and Agar to step up if they are to have any chance against Surrey.
- They are not helped by the loss of Steven Finn who has been rested for this match for precautionary reasons rather than risk his knee injury flaring up again so that will weaken the bowling department even more so.
This match is pretty much a must-win game for both of these sides so there is plenty at stake. Surrey could not defend a total of 194 last time out but they will aim to make a bigger score if they bat first again. Middlesex are routinely struggling to put together a complete performance and they are floundering now. Their bowling attack is average and they may struggle to contain Finch, Roy and Maddinson. Surrey should have far too much firepower for them here.