AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 15th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Kia Oval
Weather? 17-19c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Surrey vs Hampshire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Surrey W10, Hampshire W11, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- Surrey have lost their last two matches putting their chances of a quarter-final spot in jeopardy and they have to win their final two matches to have any chance of a top four finish now.
- They are boosted by the return of Aaron Finch who missed the last three matches due to a family bereavement, but he is back in London and replaces Mark Stoneman in the squad which is a timely boost for them.
- The bowling unit has stepped up in the last couple of matches but the top order has struggled without Finch and Pope, but Finch returns to partner Roy, and the duo will be looking to regain the form they showed against Middlesex.
Coach: Craig White
Captain: James Vince
- Hampshire remain with just a solitary victory from 12 matches so far but they were prevented from a possible victory last time out due to the weather as their match against Essex was halted when they had the Eagles at 72/4.
- Since Dale Steyn returned to the team, the bowling attack has looked much better which has helped significantly, while Rossouw and Vince looked much better in their last completed match against Glamorgan opening the innings.
- There are no changes in the squad for this match so team news is neutral for them as they have nothing but pride to play for in this game, and they have shown some positive signs in their last couple of matches.
Everything favours Surrey in this match as they have all the motivation and the team news is positive with Finch returning. Hampshire have shown some improvement in their last couple of matches but they cannot be trusted. Surrey’s batting line-up should have the quality to outstrike the Hampshire batsmen here with Finch back in the side. Bowling-wise, Surrey can be hit and miss, but they will surely be on point with so much riding on this.