AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 10th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Trent Bridge
Weather? 15-16c with rain forecast in the afternoon but clearing up before play
What channel is it on? Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Yorkshire Vikings will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Nottinghamshire Outlaws W16, Yorkshire Vikings W10, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Peter Moores
Captain: Dan Christian
- Despite losing their last two matches including a comprehensive loss on Thursday night to the Birmingham Bears, the Outlaws are just two points behind their opponents here who are in fourth place.
- Batting continues to be their major issue and they have not managed to surpass 166 in any of their last four matches and the return of Alex Hales in the last two matches has not been able to spur them on as he has struggled for form.
- They need their top three batsmen to find some form and contribute more after some poor scores rather than keep relying on their middle order, while they will select from the same squad for this game.
Coach: Andrew Gale
Captain: Steven Patterson
- The Vikings contrived to let an excellent position slip against arch rivals Lancashire Lightning at Headingley on Thursday night to lose the Roses match once again and now they have a slender advantage in fourth with teams closing behind them.
- They may be tempted to bring Matthew Fisher into the side to change their bowling options around a little as they looked very one dimensional against Lancs but that is the only possible change with Thompson the one likely to make way.
- David Willey was superb with bat hitting 80 from 43 balls and they will look to dominate with the bat and kick on more here so Lyth and Williamson will need to step it up once again.
Desperate times for Nottinghamshire who have to win this game or they will virtually wave goodbye to any chance of defending their Blast crown. Yorkshire are coming off their own disappointing loss and the likely victor of this match will be the one that can bounce back best and quickest from losses on Thursday. Notts have the better bowling attack while the Vikings have the batting power to post a big score, so that contest will likely decide this game. The Vikings have done well at bouncing back after losses this season and the fact they may have the greater composure may work in their favour.