AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 27thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Trent Bridge
Weather? 25c and a small chance of showers that may interrupt play
What channel is it on? Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Lancashire Lightning will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Nottinghamshire Outlaws W11, Lancashire Lightning W8, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Peter Moores
Captain: Dan Christian
- Nottinghamshire have lost their last two t20 Blast matches and were also dominated by Surrey in the County Championship – all three losses being at Trent Bridge - so morale in the camp is low at the moment and they will have to lift themselves for the visit of the North Group leaders.
- Compared to most teams that have had internationals coming in and out of their squads this last week, the Outlaws have a settled side and there is every chance it will be the same team that played Leicestershire last time out.
- Their bowling unit has been relatively solid so far with all seven bowlers used having an economy rate of less than ten, but the batting line-up and especially the top order has to improve quickly with multiple players contributing.
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Dane Vilas
- The Lightning are coming off one of their finest performances of the season as they clung on to a one-run victory over rivals Yorkshire last Friday after an outstanding batting display as they sit top of the North Group.
- They are hit by numerous absentees for this game however as in-form skipper Liam Livingstone has broken his thumb and Joe Mennie has a neck injury so they miss out while Jos Buttler and Keaton Jennings have joined the England test squad.
- The three absent batsmen vastly reduces their firepower and piles the pressure on Alex Davies who is also enjoying a great season while overseas star James Faulkner will also be asked to take more responsibility here.
The Lightning has been superb so far this season but they have three major absentees which reduces their batting firepower significantly. Notts are not playing that well right now but they will fancy their chances against an understrength Lightning team. They have a strong enough bowling attack to cause this weakened Lightning batting order severe problems, and that should be the decisive factor here.