AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 16th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The County Ground
Weather? 19-20c with sunshine expected in the evening
What channel is it on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Yorkshire Vikings will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W3, Yorkshire Vikings W6, No Result 2, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- The Steelbacks remain with just the solitary victory in their 12 t20 Blast matches this season but they have been competing better in the last few matches.
- The last time they were outplayed was against Yorkshire two weeks ago so they will look to do better at home and give their fans something to shout about especially given some of their players are finding some form now.
- Cobb and Duckett especially have been playing some good cricket of late, and they will be key while their bowling unit has improved their economy rates in the second half of the tournament which is a key reason why their games have been closer.
Coach: Andrew Gale
Captain: David Willey
- The Vikings know that winning their final two matches will see them reach the quarter-finals so they will be fully motivated to get the win against a Steelbacks side that is out of contention and nothing but pride to play for.
- Steven Patterson is out injured so David Willey will skipper the side in his absence while Kane Williamson needs a fitness check on a finger injury which has been causing him some discomfort.
- They welcome back Liam Plunkett to the squad and the veteran bowler will add another option here as they look to get a win ahead of their clash with rivals Nottinghamshire Outlaws on Friday.
The Steelbacks have shown some improvement in the last few weeks but it is hard to support them and find a way for them to win when they have only won one of their 12 matches this season and have nothing to play for. Yorkshire will be fired up and determined to reach the quarter-finals and although they have some players struggling with injury and amid rumours of dressing room unrest with their internationals, they should have too much for the hosts in this one.