AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 10th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The County Ground
Weather? 15-16c with a chance of rain
What channel is it on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W6, Durham Jets W6, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- Despite being winless and already eliminated, the Steelbacks produced an excellent display to overcome the Derbyshire Falcons in midweek to pick up their first victory in what has been a miserable t20 Blast campaign.
- Since being eliminated, they have decided to give some younger players some playing time with the likes of Charlie Thurston and Ben Curran making their debuts in that game and Ricardo Vasconcelos getting more game time too.
- After that win, the 11 players are likely to be rewarded with an unchanged team for this match with Josh Cobb currently the standout batsman in excellent form so they will look to him for inspiration again.
Coach: Jon Lewis
Captain: Tom Latham
- The Durham Jets continued their fine form in midweek with an excellent win over Leicestershire Foxes after their heroics against Lancashire Lightning so they are virtually assured of a top spot now barring a significant swing and set of bizarre results.
- They welcome back England fast bowler Mark Wood for this match who makes his return from a foot injury and that will boost their options although their bowling attack has shone in recent games.
- It is likely they will use this match as an opportunity to give Wood some playing time so they may rotate but they will not want to ease off the gas with the knockout stage just around the corner.
The Steelbacks finally showed some form and put in their most complete performance of the season by beating Derbyshire. The Falcons were far from their best with their bowling unit being uncharacteristically poor but the Steelbacks played well. The Jets are playing some good cricket and getting positive results but they will be keen to avoid complacency. This is a potential banana skin if they are not on their game, and it is one to be careful with based on the Steelbacks’ performance against the Falcons.