AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 16th
August, 18:15 (UK)
Where? Lord's Cricket Ground
Weather? 18-19c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Middlesex vs Essex Eagles will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Middlesex W12, Essex Eagles W14
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Dawid Malan
- Middlesex have lost their last six matches in a row in this competition and despite pushing Kent hard in their last match, they still sit firmly rooted to the bottom of the South Group with just two matches remaining.
- No team has lost more than Middlesex’s ten losses this season but they have the motivation of avoiding finishing bottom of the group and victory here will lift them above Hampshire and Essex on net run rate.
- After leaving out some of their key bowlers like Steven Finn and Nathan Sowter last time out, all their regulars return here and they will look to find some form for this London derby match and lift themselves for the win.
Coach: Anthony McGrath
Captain: Ryan ten Doeschate
- Essex Eagles’ recent games have been affected by the weather with two successive abandonments, but they will take heart from the fact that they beat Middlesex in July at Chelmsford.
- Essex are not helped by the absence of leading wicket-taker Adam Zampa who has departed early to play in the Caribbean Premier League so that vastly reduces the quality of their bowling attack for the remaining two matches.
- Ravi Bopara is nearing a number of T20 milestones as this will be his 299th T20 appearance and he has 199 wickets so he will look to hit the 200 mark in this match against their city rivals.
Neither side has anything to play for but they will be suitably motivated to face off against their southern rivals. It is difficult to really make a case for either side based on form as they have both been woeful this season, but team news favours the home side here. Their batting line-up is strong and with Essex missing Adam Zampa, that could be the decisive factor in this game. A home win is on the cards if they can keep their heads and focus.