AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 10th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Fischer County Ground
Weather? 15-16c with showers during day which may delay the start
What channel is it on? Leicestershire Foxes vs Worcestershire Rapids will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Leicestershire Foxes W3, Worcestershire Rapids W4, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- The Foxes suffered a major blow on Thursday night as they were outplayed by the Durham Jets which leaves them four points behind the play-off spot with just three games and six points to play for.
- They may consider one or two changes to tweak the starting 11 as Dieter Klein, Tom Wells and Rob Sayer are in contention with the 11 from the Durham game, and they may change the batting line-up around.
- They are without a win at home in the t20 Blast this season which is pretty unusual but they have just not been able to find their form at the Fischer County Ground so they are determined to get a win in front of their fans.
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Brett D’Oliveira
- The Rapids continued their excellent form on Thursday night by beating the Derbyshire Falcons and they remain at the top of the North Group with the best record and most points across both groups.
- 19-year-old Pat Brown continues to be a revelation having taken 22 wickets in the ten t20 Blast matches so far this season and that number is all the more impressive given he went wicket-less in the opening game of the season.
- Despite not being selected by England, Moeen Ali is not available for this match but England have agreed to release him for the match on Sunday which is a boost to the club given his importance to the side.
The Foxes have disappointed in the Blast this season and their chances now of qualifying look remote. They contrived to lose a winnable game on Thursday and they have just been unable to get enough contributors find a level of consistency throughout the campaign. The Rapids on the other hand have been one of the most consistent sides and have produced some top quality displays. If this comes down to a shootout which it invariably could, the Rapids' depth in their batting line-up has to be favoured.