AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 27thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Fischer County Ground
Weather? 25-26c and just a 20% chance of showers
What channel is it on? Leicestershire Foxes vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Leicestershire Foxes W17, Derbyshire Falcons W8, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- A mixed start for the Foxes so far as they have won three and lost three matches but they have failed to string two victories together so they will look to find some consistency in their performances now.
- Paul Nixon has named the same 14-man squad for this match so Ateeq Javid, Gavin Griffiths and Rob Sayer join the eleven that beat the Nottinghamshire Outlaws last time out but they will likely be unchanged.
- They have five players that have scored more than 100 runs overall so far, and the wickets have been nicely shared also and that is without Mohammad Nabi not firing to his full ability just yet which is ominous.
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- Derbyshire Falcons snapped their four-match losing streak by beating Northants last time out thanks to an impressive batting performance so confidence will be boosted after a difficult start to the season.
- MacLeod (233) and Madsen (166) have been their key batsmen so far especially given no other player has scored more than 71 runs so the reliance on the duo is extreme to say the least and more than any other team.
- Their bowling is impressive however and that has kept them relatively competitive along with MacLeod’s heroics as Lockie Ferguson is proving to be something of a revelation with his fast bowling.
Derbyshire Falcons will have taken some heart from their win over Northants in their last t20 Blast match and also in the County Championship. That said, Northants are relatively poor and that should not be a barometer of success as they have struggled badly against other opposition. Their bowling attack makes them competitive, but it is hard to see them really testing a strong all-round Leicestershire side who will be motivated here. Difficult to see anything other than a home win.