AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 5thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Emirates Old Trafford
Weather? 22-24c expected
What channel is it on? Lancashire Lightning vs Worcestershire Rapids will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Lancashire Lightning W8, Worcestershire Rapids W1, No result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Liam Livingstone
- The Lightning kick off their t20 Blast campaign against the Worcestershire Rapids who they have an excellent record against in T20 matches so they will be confident of getting off to a good start at home.
- Skipper Liam Livingstone and Matt Parkinson are both back from international duty with the England Lions while Joe Mennie has recovered from concussion to take his place in the squad.
- Aussie all-rounder James Faulkner is also returning as the club’s overseas player and will be available for this match and with the vast array of talent at their disposal, they will be confident of opening with a win.
Coach: Kevin Sharp
Captain: Brett D’Oliveira
- The Rapids come into the t20 Blast with genuine confidence and hope that they will reach the latter rounds of the competition due to the talented squad – particularly batting line-up – that they have assembled.
- They are without a trio of key players for this opening match as Moeen Ali and Travis Head are on international duty with their respective nations while captain Joe Leach will be out of action for some time due to injury.
- Despite missing the talented trio, they do have Guptill and Ferguson who are outstanding T20 players, along with Ross Whiteley so they still have plenty of firepower, even if their bowling does look a little light.
This match promises to be a high scoring affair as both have strong batting line-ups and this Old Trafford pitch should be conducive to batting. The Lightning look to have the better balance in their team but the firepower within the Rapids line-up is impressive. With an excellent record against the Rapids, and the better bowling attack, expect Lancs to pick up an opening victory.