AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 14thJuly, 14:30 (UK)
Where? Emirates Old Trafford
Weather? 22-23c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Lancashire Lightning W16 Derbyshire Falcons W10, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Liam Livingstone
- The Lightning have made a strong start to their t20 Blast campaign winning two of their opening three matches and their two wins over Northamptonshire and Derbyshire were extremely comprehensive.
- Head coach Glen Chapple has named an unchanged 14-man squad from the team that beat Northants last week and the starting eleven is likely to be the same that restricted them to 123/9 and knocked them off in 16.1 overs losing just two wickets.
- Livingstone and Davies have started the season in excellent for with the bat, and have not yet had to rely on their all-rounders with the bat, but they are looking in good shape with both bat and ball right now.
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- The Falcons are coming off their third consecutive defeat on Friday night as they could not compete with Nottinghamshire Outlaws’ 175/8 as they lost by 39 runs so they remain winless.
- There were some positives to take from that match with Kiwi fast bowler Lockie Ferguson enjoying a fantastic match picking up 4/26 but they need more of their key bowlers like Wahab Riaz and Rampaul to step up.
- Luis Reece remains absent but they may consider one or two changes in the batting line-up which looks short on quality and they desperately need to find one or two batsmen hitting some form.
Derbyshire Falcons are well off the pace in these early stages of the t20 Blast and that does not bode well as they make the trip up North to face the Lightning. Their batting is fragile and while they bowling unit is competing well, it is not sufficiently good to hold strong batting line-ups. Lancs are playing with plenty of confidence and their batsmen especially are producing some big innings. This looks like a mismatch on paper, and barring complacency creeping in, this should be a comfortable home win.