AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 20thJuly, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The Spitfire Ground
Weather? 21-22c and sunshine expected
What channel is it on? Kent Spitfires vs Surrey will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W13, Surrey W15
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent come into this clash with Surrey at the top of the South Group but they know they cannot rest on their laurels with the calibre of teams just behind them in the standings, although they will take heart from the fact that they beat their opponents here in the opening match.
- Kiwi fast bowler Adam Milne faces a late fitness test ahead of this match as he missed last week’s game with swelling around his ankle, but they will be desperate to get him back for this crunch match as he has been their most economical bowler at 6.92 so far.
- Carlos Brathwaite has been in stunning form with the ball taking nine wickets for just 7.66 in his four matches, and they will look to him for more heroics in what is his final game before departing for national team duty.
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Jade Dernbach
- After losing their first two matches in the tournament, Surrey have bounced back in style winning their last two matches convincingly and that coincided with the arrival of Aussies Finch and Maddinson with the former being in outstanding form.
- Jason Roy and Tom Curran are both unavailable for this game but neither have played in the t20 Blast this season anyway so that will not impact them, and Sam Curran is available to boost their bowling options.
- Given their recent form, it is hard to see Surrey making any changes to their starting line-up for this one, but they will have to be at their best once again when facing this talented Kent line-up.
Both of these teams have the ability to be making the knockout rounds of this tournament, but Surrey will be under a fraction more pressure to get the win after winning two of their four matches so far. Form is good for both outfits and there is little to split between the teams so something like the availability of Adam Milne could be the differential against Kent. That piece of team news could be key, but there is little to choose between these two teams.