AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 16th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Spitfire Ground
Weather? 17-18c with a 30% chance of showers during the match
What channel is it on? Kent Spitfires vs Somerset will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W9, Somerset W3, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent can seal their quarter-final place with a victory here and they will take comfort from the fact that they have won last eight meetings against Somerset and they will be keen to extend that here.
- They are boosted by the fact that Australian all-rounder Marcus Stonis is back in a 15-man squad after recovering from a hamstring injury and that is an important inclusion to add depth to both the bowling and batting units.
- Their recent form has been somewhat hit-and-miss but they have not been helped by four abandonments in their 12 matches which has prevented them from finding any real momentum, but they will look to put a run together now.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Lewis Gregory
- Somerset have the best record in the t20 Blast across both the North and South groups so with ten wins from 13 matches, they are full of confidence as they prepare for the quarter-finals.
- They have won their last seven matches in a row and they have named another strong squad for this match as they are determined to keep this momentum going and refuse to ease off the gas despite having already qualified.
- Corey Anderson was the standout performer in the last victory over Glamorgan as he hit 72 in that match to take his overall tally to 437 runs at an average of 48.55 as he continues to be a key man for the side.
Somerset have been the outstanding team in the group stage of the t20 Blast this season and show no signs of letting up with seven wins in a row. Kent however are a dangerous team and they need a win to be sure of a quarter-final spot with Surrey and Sussex waiting for a slip up. They will likely have the greater motivation for this match and while their form is not as strong as Somerset’s, they will be fired up to seal the win. They are the preference, but this is a match to be cautious with.