AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 12th
August, 15:00 (UK)
Where? The County Ground
Weather? 20c with cloud but rain unlikely
What channel is it on? Kent Spitfires vs Middlesex will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W10, Middlesex W14, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent Spitfires had their fourth match in 11 abandoned on Friday night without a ball being bowled so they remain in fourth place with a two-point buffer over Surrey with three games left.
- Mitch Claydon is recalled to the squad after an injury concern but they are still without Aussie all-rounder Marcus Stoinis who continues to struggle with a knock and misses out here.
- They have a good record at the County Ground which should play fast and suit the batsmen so they will be confident that it will work in their favour, especially against a second string Middlesex bowling unit.
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Dawid Malan
- Middlesex have lost their last 5 t20 Blast matches as their campaign peters to a miserable end and they are simply playing for pride right now and will ideally aim to avoid finishing last in the South Group.
- With an upcoming second eleven friendly match with Hampshire this week, they are prioritising that based on their selection as Ollie Rayner, Max Holden and Steven Finn do not make this squad and will play that game instead.
- That leaves their bowling department light and inexperienced which does not bode well after they come from a match with Gloucestershire where they conceded 242 from their 20 overs.
Kent are without Marcus Stoinis but that absence does not compare to the players not in Middlesex’s squad in the bowling department especially. The visitors appear to prioritising other matches now and are using this competition to blood some players. Their batting line-up remains strong but they have still struggled to keep them in matches and compete chasing some huge totals like the 242 on Friday night. Kent will be super motivated to win here at home which will go a long way to sealing a top four spot and they should be able to do that as long as complacency does not creep in.