AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 13thJuly, 17:30 (UK)
Where? The Spitfire Ground
Weather? 19-20c and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Kent Spitfires vs Hampshire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W10 Hampshire W14, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent produced two excellent displays to beat strong teams in Surrey and Somerset in their opening two matches but were below par on Wednesday when they fell five runs short in their run chase against Gloucestershire.
- This is Kent’s first home match of the t20 campaign so motivation will be high and they will be hoping for more magic from their overseas star all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite who has taken eight wickets in his first three matches in the competition.
- Despite the loss to Gloucester, the general mood in the camp is excellent and barring the long term injury to James Tredwell, they have a full strength squad at their disposal right now.
Coach: Craig White
Captain: James Vince
- This is a huge match for Hampshire’s season after having lost the first two matches, including a narrow loss to Sussex on Thursday despite an improved display against one of the best teams in the competition.
- Their batting display was reasonable against the best bowling attack around which bodes well coming into this game as some key men are regaining some form, but it is their bowlers that are the biggest concern right now.
- South African fast bowler Kyle Abbott has been hit for 95 runs from his 7.2 overs in the opening two matches and he must improve quickly especially against the likes of Denly, Kuhn and Billings.
Hampshire are experiencing something of a hangover after winning the Royal London One Day Cup and have now lost both of their opening two matches in the t20 Blast. They have showed signs of some improvement with the bat, but they are far from their best in this format and their bowling is a major concern. Kent narrowly lost to Gloucester on Wednesday but have been impressive on the whole so far and will be confident of getting back to winning ways here.