AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 5th
August, 15:00 (UK)
Where? The Spitfire Ground
Weather? 27-29c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Kent Spitfires vs Gloucestershire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W8, Gloucestershire W6
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent remain top of a competitive South Group but know there is a whole host of teams close behind so they cannot afford any slip ups as they come into this match against third-placed Gloucestershire.
- Their batting performance as average against Hampshire last time out but Stoinis and Milne combined for 7 wickets for 31 runs from their 7 overs to bowl Hampshire out for a paltry 88 to win by 51 runs.
- The bowling attack may see one or two rotations as this is their third match in four days so Claydon, Podmore and Stewart are competing to come into the side but changes will be minimal.
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Michael Klinger
- Gloucestershire were narrowly beaten by rivals Glamorgan on Friday night as Andrew Tye dragged them back into the game but was bowled with the last ball when needing a boundary to win.
- They make one change to the squad that lost to Glamorgan with off-spinner George Drissell coming in for Tom Smith but they will not make any kneejerk reactions to the loss last time out as they look to bounce back.
- Andrew Tye was unusually expensive against Glamorgan conceding 50 from his 4 overs, but he did not play in the previous meeting when Gloucestershire beat Kent by five runs so he will look to make a mark here in this key game.
Gloucestershire already hold one win over Kent this season the in t20 Blast and will be looking to bounce back from Friday’s loss and get back to winning ways. Kent produced an excellent display albeit against a poor Hampshire side, but with Stoinis looking in ominous form, they look strong. They will face a decent bowling attack here while Gloucestershire’s batting has been decent of late. There is little to pick between these two teams, and while Kent may have the big names on paper, you cannot write off this underrated Gloucestershire side.