AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 8th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? The Ageas Bowl
Weather? 19-21c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Hampshire W5, Somerset W10, No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Craig White
Captain: James Vince
- Any hopes that Hampshire had of a comeback ended in miserable fashion last time out as they were hammered by Kent by 51 runs after being bowled out for just 88 as their t20 Blast campaign plunged to a new low.
- They are without Colin Munro who departs for the Caribbean Premier League but they have resigned Dale Steyn after he was left out of the South African side, so the fast bowler returns to give them another option.
- Other than Liam Dawson, there has been no Hampshire player to come out of this tournament with any real credit, but they can now at least play without any pressure on them as they aim to play spoilers.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Lewis Gregory
- Somerset’s four consecutive wins has seen them leap to the top of the South Group but they know they have to keep winning given how tight it is among the top six as they face struggling Hampshire.
- Veteran batsman Johann Myburgh has announced that he will retire from professional cricket at the end of the season but he will be determined to end on a high and continue contributing for them.
- They name a strong squad for this match with no new absentees so they will be motivated to keep this run going and repeat the win they achieved over Hampshire just one week ago.
Hampshire have been incredibly disappointing this season in the t20 Blast especially given the quality and experienced names on their teamsheet. They have underachieved throughout despite fielding so many big names and they have rarely produced a complete performance winning just one match in nine this season. Somerset on the other hand are producing their best cricket right now and no team has won more games than them in either group. They look strong in all areas of the team right now and they should just be too strong for Hampshire although pride may see an improved display by the home team.