AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 3rd
August, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The Ageas Bowl
Weather? 26-28c and sunshine forecast
What channel is it on? Hampshire vs Kent Spitfires will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Kent Spitfires W11 Hampshire W14, Tie 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Craig White
Captain: James Vince
- Hampshire’s disappointing t20 Blast campaign continued midweek when they could not chase down Somerset’s total of 197 and their chances now of reaching the business end of the tournament are bleak.
- Once again there were some strong individual performances in that game with Vince, Dawson and Wood in excellent form, but too many others let them down and the likes of Rossouw and Northeast really have to step up.
- This match will be the last game for Colin Munro before he departs for the Caribbean Premier League so he will be motivated to do well, while they still desperately need one of their fast bowlers to start producing the goods.
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent sit proudly at the top of the South Group with 11 points after just one defeat but they have had three matches abandoned due to bad weather so they will be itching to play a full game here.
- They will take confidence from the fact that they beat Hampshire earlier in the tournament, as they hit 210 in their 20 overs, and they will be looking to post another big score against the struggling Southampton outfit.
- All-rounder Grant Stewart has been added to the squad due to injury concerns over Critchley and star man Joe Denly, and they will be desperately hoping Denly in particular can shake off his ankle knock.
This is pretty much a top versus bottom match up here as Kent have enjoyed a strong first half of the campaign while Hampshire have struggled throughout. They have not got going and really produced a strong all-round performance so far with not enough of their key players contributing together. Aside from Dawson, none of their top players have been consistently good enough to help them win matches. On their day, they have the ability to shine, but they have not done it enough to have any confidence, unlike their opponents here who have performed strong throughout.