AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 13thJuly, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Bristol County Ground
Weather? 23c-24c but 40% chance of showers in the afternoon and evening
What channel is it on? Gloucestershire vs Somerset will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W10, Somerset W12, No result 6
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Michael Klinger
- Gloucestershire picked up a huge win over Kent on Wednesday to make it two wins from three as they hit a respectable total of 184/7 and then managed to defend it to take the win by five runs.
- They remain without Andrew Tye who is being held by the Australian team to reduce his workload but they have still managed to pick up a couple of wins in his absence with some good all-round play.
- It is unlikely they will make changes to the starting line-up for this game and while they have no standout performers so far – no player has scored more than 100 runs across the three matches and no bowler has more than four wickets to their name – they are playing extremely well as a team right now.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Lewis Gregory
- Somerset have won one and lost one of their opening two matches but their victory came against their opponents here where they chased down 188/6 in style as they racked up 194/4 from just 16.5 overs.
- Their top order has looked strong so far with everybody contributing with three fifties registered in their opening two matches, so they will look to continue that and then fine tune their bowling.
- With Craig Overton yet to play, their bowling has some improvement to make too, but they will be full of confidence coming into this match that they can replicate their excellent win from last week over their arch-rivals.
Gloucestershire pulled off a fantastic win on Wednesday against Kent, and that is now their second win despite not having any standout performers. They are producing solid team efforts with bat and ball along with some good fielding which is making the difference. Somerset have good strength and quality, and that showed when they comfortably beat Gloucestershire last week. They will look to repeat that performance, and while Gloucestershire are getting the results, they are missing players through injury and are not completely convincing just yet. This could be another win for Somerset.