AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 11thJuly, 15:00 (UK)
Where? Bristol County Ground
Weather? 24-26 expected and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W5, Kent Spitfires W8
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Michael Klinger
- Gloucester have won one and lost one of their first two matches and after a disappointing loss to Somerset in their opening match, they bounced back nicely to beat Middlesex with an improved bowling performance last time out.
- Liam Norwell’s injury in the opening match has hampered their bowling options even further but they did well to restrict Middlesex to 160/7 as left-arm spinner Tom Smith did a tremendous job in conceding just 15 runs from his 4 overs.
- Skipper Michael Klinger put in a strong batting performance in that match, hitting 58 from 49 balls, but they do need some bigger contributions from more of their batsmen if they are to compete regularly in this edition of the t20 Blast.
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Sam Billings
- Kent have started the Vitality Blast in blistering form as they have won both of their opening two matches and they chased down Somerset’s 159/6 in just 16.3 overs on Sunday with some of their key men in tremendous form.
- The club have been boosted further by the new contracts signed by key duo Sam Billings and Joe Denly, and that will only enhance the spirits within the camp even further coming into this game.
- What makes the Spitfires’ start all the more impressive is that this will be their third consecutive away match to start the campaign, but the likes of Kuhn, Denly, Billings and Brathwaite have started in formidable form.
This match has been brought forward so it does not conflict with the England v Croatia World Cup match, but that will likely see a reduced attendance, which will also reduce Gloucester’s home advantage. Kent have started the season in impressive form with both bat and ball, and they look to have the edge in all departments over this Gloucester team who have several injuries to contend with. The Spitfires should pick up their third consecutive win in front of the Sky cameras.