AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 27thJuly, 14:30 (UK)
Where? College Ground
Weather? 25-26c and sunshine expected all day
What channel is it on? Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Gloucestershire W12, Glamorgan W11, No Result 5
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Michael Klinger
- Gloucestershire have been one of the revelations of the t20 Blast so far winning three of their five matches and being involved in one no result, although despite sitting second in the South Group, they still have a negative net run rate of -0.051.
- None of their batsmen have hit over 109 total runs in their six matches so far so that shows how much they have contributed as a collective, although they could do with some bigger contributions throughout the team.
- Andrew Tye has already shown signs of how dangerous he can be so they will rely on their solid bowling group for this match against rivals Glamorgan which they will be highly motivated for.
Coach: Robert Croft
Captain: Colin Ingram
- Glamorgan’s start to the t20 Blast campaign has been inconsistent to say the least having won two and lost two matches so far, but they will relish the opportunity now to focus on the competition for the coming weeks.
- They have named an unchanged squad for this match from that which was comfortably beaten by Somerset last time out in this competition, though they have since played a County Championship match against Sussex in which they were thoroughly outplayed.
- Their bowling has been reasonable enough so far but their batting has not really fired just yet so they will look to skipper Colin Ingram and Aussies Burns and Khawaja to kick-start their T20 season here.
A crunch match in Gloucester between these two rivals, but it is unusually the hosts who come into this in better shape. Glamorgan have not really got going so far in the tournament but with ten matches in the next three weeks, they will look to build some momentum now. Gloucester have done well in winning some tight games so far, but their negative run rate tells a fair story despite sitting second. That position flatters them a little despite a winning habit, and Glamorgan will fancy their chance of edging this match.