AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 7th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Sophia Gardens Cardiff
Weather? 21-22c with sunshine forecast
What channel is it on? Glamorgan vs Essex Eagles will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Glamorgan W2, Essex Eagles W9, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Robert Croft
Captain: Colin Ingram
- Glamorgan already hold a victory over Essex in the tournament this season but they needed county-record ninth wicket stand of 61 between Cooke and Van der Gugten, with Cooke smashing 60 off 29 balls to win on the final ball.
- The Welsh outfit enjoyed a superb week last week as they picked up three victories against Surrey, Gloucestershire and Middlesex as they have moved level on points with Surrey as they sit just outside the top four spots.
- They have named an unchanged 15-man squad for this game and they may name the same eleven from the win over Middlesex with Colin Ingram fit again to play and Ruaidhri Smith coming off a superb bowling spell of 4/6 from four overs to help bowl Middlesex out for 131.
Coach: Anthony McGrath
Captain: Ryan ten Doeschate
- Essex remain firmly rooted to the bottom of the South Group with just one solitary win from their nine matches so far and their morale is sapped especially after some demoralising defeats last week.
- Other than Chopra who produced another good batting display against Surrey, they are struggling to hit big scores with too many of their batsmen unable to regular find the boundary and consistency produced strike rates of over 150.
- They have named another unchanged 13-man squad for this match, and in truth they have very few quality options to change things around which does not bode well for this trip to Cardiff.
Contrasting form for these two teams as Glamorgan are flying at the moment whereas Essex are struggling to compete in their matches. The Welsh side were dominant last week in beating some strong teams, so they should ultimately have little trouble dispatching Essex here. The visitors lack the quality with bat and ball, and barring any major signs of complacency, the hosts should canter to victory here.