AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 13thJuly, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The CloudFM County Ground
Weather? 20-21c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Essex Eagles vs Glamorgan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Anthony McGrath
Captain: Ryan ten Doeschate
- Essex were outplayed by Surrey on Thursday night which means they have now won just one of their first three matches so they will be keen to bounce back quickly in these back-to-back matches.
- Their batting has been strong overall in the last two matches but their bowling has left a lot to be desired as they have conceded 181, 179 and 222 in their three matches so far so that is one area that simply has to improve.
- Ravi Bopara continues to be a weak link and the pressure is mounting on the former England all-rounder after scoring just 15 in 3 innings and failing to take a wicket in 9 overs which have gone for 104 runs so far.
Coach: Robert Croft
Captain: Colin Ingram
- Glamorgan have had a mixed start to their t20 Blast campaign as they hammered Hampshire in their opening match but succumbed to a strong Sussex side last time out so they will look to get back to winning ways here.
- They have been dealt two major blows however as Australian star Shaun Marsh has been ruled out for the entire tournament due to a shoulder injury while fast bowler Marchant De Lange is also likely to miss the next couple of months due to injury also.
- The injury to Marsh especially leaves a huge gap to fill and it should see Aneurin Donald move up to open the batting with talented youngster Kiran Carlson coming into the middle order.
Essex could not keep up with Surrey on Thursday night but they face a Glamorgan side that has been dealt a big blow by the loss of Shaun Marsh. That increases the reliance on Ingram and Khawaja to produce the goods as the batting line-up otherwise looks light. Essex’s bowling has been poor so far and they may not be able to take advantage of that, but their own batting is looking improved in recent games. They have their own urgency to get a win, and they may just bounce back here after defeat on Thursday night in what should be a close game.