AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 8th
August, 18:30 (UK)
Where? Emirates Riverside
Weather? 16-18c with no rain forecast
What channel is it on? Durham Jets vs Leicestershire Foxes will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Durham Jets W12, Leicestershire Foxes W12, No Result 4
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jon Lewis
Captain: Tom Latham
- The Jets pulled off a sensational win at Old Trafford on Tuesday night as 19-year-old spinner Liam Trevaskis took three wickets and conceded just two runs from the final over to thwart Lancashire when they were coasting to victory.
- In the absence of Imran Tahir who has now departed to the Caribbean Premier League, Trevaskis stepped up in a big way as they have now leapfrogged Lancashire in the standings into second in the North Group.
- They will likely go unchanged for this second match in two days and they will be looking to carry that momentum into this match despite missing the likes of some key players such as Stokes and Tahir.
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- The Foxes snapped a three-match losing streak last time out as they overcame Lancashire’s 190 thanks to Mohammad Nabi’s stunning 86 not out from just 32 balls, and they will look to string a couple of wins together now.
- They have the same eleven available for this match and they are joined by Tom Wells, Dieter Klein and Paul Horton to form a 14-man squad but everything suggests they will go unchanged for this match.
- Nabi has shown flashes of quality throughout the first half of the t20 Blast tournament but he showed signs of finally hitting top form and they will hope that more of their big hitters can find some form to push for a top four spot now.
This promises to be a fascinating match between two teams vying for a top four place. Durham will be buoyed by their amazing win over Lancashire on Tuesday night and will carry some momentum into this game. That said, it was a poor effort by Lancashire and the reality is that they should have lost that game. The Foxes showed some signs of improvement last time out but they are not a team that inspires much confidence. They have failed too many times this season and under-performed especially considering some of the quality in their ranks. If two or three of their batsmen fire, they should win this one.