AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 8th
August, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The 3aaa County Ground
Weather? 18-20c with some cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Derbyshire Falcons vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W3, Northamptonshire Steelbacks W6, No Result 4
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- The Falcons have won five of their last six t20 Blast matches to put themselves in contention of a top four spot after a dreadful start losing their first four matches, and they are arguably one of the form teams in the tournament after beating Birmingham Bears last Friday.
- Their bowling attack continues to impress with Viljoen stepping up lately to join Wahab Riaz, Lockie Ferguson and Ravi Rampaul with some outstanding figures and spearheading their hopes in many games. They name an unchanged 14-man squad here.
- The club have announced the signing of big-hitting New Zealand international Henry Nicholls to join for the final two group stage matches as he will replace Wahab Riaz who departs for his own international duty, and Nicholls will boost the batting line-up notably.
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- The Steelbacks remain the only team yet to win in this year’s t20 Blast edition having lost nine of their ten matches and they are purely playing for pride at this moment in town right now.
- There were some positives to take from their latest defeat against Birmingham Bears with Josh Cobb smashing a hundred but that highlighted the lack of contributions from the other batsmen as many failed once again.
- They have started to rotate their team and make changes, handing some fringe players the opportunity to impress so they could make more here as they aim to salvage some pride.
The Steelbacks have been woeful this season and there are few signs that they are going to manage a win in their remaining matches. They are making changes to their team but the overall quality remains way off the majority of other teams, and their batting has dropped a level alongside their awful bowling attack. They face a Falcons team that has played some good cricket in the last couple of weeks, and they also possess arguably the best bowling attack in the competition too. They should have a field day against the Steelbacks here and this one should be a comfortable win for the home side.