AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 11th
August, 19:00 (UK)
Where? The 3aaa County Ground
Weather? 19-20c with no rain forecast
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Derbyshire Falcons W9, Leicestershire Foxes W17, No Result 3
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: John Wright
Captain: Gary Wilson
- The Falcons sit two points from Notts in fourth place with only two games remaining so a win here is vital if they are to have any chance of reaching the knockout phase of this competition.
- They lost on Thursday night to Worcestershire Rapids in a low scoring affair after a miserable batting display and they will have to improve here with only Godleman in any real form with the bat right now as Wahab Riaz, MacLeod and Madsen all tailing off a little of late.
- Wahab Riaz has departed now to join the Barbados Tridents in the CPL so his replacement is top order batsman Henry Nicholls – a big-hitting New Zealand international who they really need to start firing immediately in this game.
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Colin Ackermann
- The Foxes kept their hopes of a quarter-final place alive with a narrow 5 run victory over the Worcestershire Rapids on Friday night and that will give them a big boost in confidence coming into another must-win match.
- Their batting still has a fragile feel about it with the openers both dismissed for just six on Friday night, and they desperately need some of their top order to fire and produce a big score as they must improve on the six half centuries scored in total over the 12 matches so far.
- Mohammad Nabi was key for the Foxes once again on Friday night as he hit a useful 26 late in the innings, bowled tidily with figures of 4-0-21-0 and produced a key run out of Callum Ferguson when it looked like the Rapids would canter to victory so he remains a key cog in their hopes.
Both of these teams have been unable to find any real consistency which is why they find themselves just outside the top four places and needing to win this match to have any chance. The loser is eliminated so the pressure is on to get the win here. The Falcons were poor on Thursday and their bowling which has been their strong point all season could not rescue them. They do however have a fearsome bowling line-up even without Wahab Riaz and Henry Nicholls will bolster their batting. The margins will be fine in this one and it may come down to individuals like Nabi that could swing it in their team’s favour. A marginal preference for the Falcons but this really could go either way.