AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 15th
August, 19:00 (UK)
Weather? 19-20c with cloud but no rain
What channel is it on? Birmingham Bears vs Lancashire Lightning will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? N/A
Are tickets still available? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
All-time meetings: Birmingham Bears W5, Lancashire Lightning W8, No Result 2
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jim Troughton
Captain: Grant Elliott
- The Bears have an outside chance of reaching the top four but they must win here and rely on a series of other results to go in their favour as they are reeling from the loss last week against their opponents here.
- They struggled badly chasing Lancashire’s 185/5 last Friday night as Faulkner and Parkinson both took three wickets each and that was largely down to the early loss of Bell who has been so fundamental to their performances this season.
- They are expected to come into this game with the same set of players that lost at Old Trafford but they will be hoping home advantage will help them get the much-needed victory here.
Coach: Glen Chapple
Captain: Dane Vilas
- After a mini wobble, the Lightning have bounced back nicely and won their last three T20 matches as they have sealed a top four place and have a chance of finishing top of the North Group with a win here.
- They come off arguably their most impressive performance of the season against Durham Jets as they hit an average 143/6 but bowled their opponents out for just 78 as they reduced them to 4-4 at one stage thanks to Lester and Faulkner’s outstanding bowling.
- The bowling unit still looks the main strength of the team right now as they have raised their game in recent weeks due to the absence of Buttler, Jennings and Livingstone but they will need their batsmen to keep performing too to match the Bears.
A really tough game to call here as all the pressure is on the Bears who need to get the points to stay alive while the Lightning are in great form but have already qualified for the quarter-finals already. Lancs have arguably been overperforming while they are missing so many key players but the likes of Brown and Clark have filled in nicely with the bat. The Lancs bowlers made the difference last Friday but this may be different on the road. Very tough match to call and this one may be best left alone.