- Djokovic and Wawrinka played each other in last year’s French Open final, in which the Swiss managed to win 3-1 (4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 6-4)
- Both players have been strong on serve this tournament, with Djokovic winning 89.9% of games he’s served compared to 85.0% for Wawrinka
- The ace count is heavily favour of Wawrinka at 52, compared to 17 for Djokovic*
- In terms of winners, Wawrinka has been the deadlier player as he boasts 285 of them. Djokovic trails behind on 108*
- Looking at the forced errors per match in the US Open so far, Djokovic has an average of 17.8, which is 26 errors less than Wawrinka at 43.8*
- Wawrinka is also guilty of more unforced errors (263), compared to Djokovic (89)*
*Djokovic has had an unusual route to the final, in which three of his opponents have pulled out along the way. Therefore, he has played far less games than Wawrinka, affecting these stats.