When is Scotland vs Samoa taking place? Friday 12th July, 2019 – 19:25 (UK)
Where is Scotland vs Samoa taking place? M&S Banks Arena, Liverpool
What television channel is Scotland vs Samoa on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Scotland vs Samoa? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Scotland vs Samoa? https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk/NetballWorldCup/online/default.asp
THE TEAM NEWS
- Scotland finished ninth at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Australia and navigated their way through extra-time to beat Barbados 50-48 and they will be hoping for plenty of support from the locals in Liverpool.
- 30-year-old Scotland captain Claire Maxwell is set to win her 100th cap at the Netball World Cup in the match against Samoa here while talented starlet Bethan Goodwin will hope to impress with her excellent shooting ability.
- Experienced goal-defence Fiona Themann was not selected in the 12-strong squad as she is expecting her first baby in October but they have good quality throughout the squad to make up for her absence.
- Samoa came through the Oceania qualifying tournament and did not drop a match against the Cook Islands, Tonga, Papua New Guinea and Fiji, but the quality of their group means they will have to improve to compete here.
- Samoa have competed in seven World Cup competitions and their highest ever finish was sixth place at the 2003 World Cup in Jamaica but it will be a tough task for them to come close to repeating that even though they have received additional funding from Australia.
- Auteletoa Tanimo and Geraldine Solia-Gibb will be key experienced players for the Samoan team that will be coached by Frances Solia, and they will be hoping to spring a surprise and push Scotland all the way here.
Scotland beat Samoa by 11 points back in 2015 and they will be confident of securing an opening victory in the World Cup. Scotland are ranked seven places above Samoa in the world rankings and expect their skill and experience combined with good support from the stands to enable them to outscore Samoa and pick up two points in the opening game.