When is South Africa vs Australia taking place? Saturday 20th July, 2019 – 16:05 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs Australia taking place? Ellis Park, Johannesburg
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Australia? Sunny, 20c
What channel is South Africa vs Australia on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream South Africa vs Australia? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Australia? Check https://super.rugby/therugbychampionship/news/
for ticket information
What was the score in the last meeting? South Africa 23-12 Australia
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa came out on top when these two sides met last September when they beat Australia 23-12 with three Handre Pollard penalties the difference.
- Injured Springboks captain Siya Kolisi will miss out this tie with Australia as he is nursed back slowly with the World Cup in mind so Eben Elizabeth will captain the side in Kolisi’s absence.
- There are two uncapped players in the side in the form of Rynhardt Elstadt and Herschel Jantjies and they will hope to feature while Lizo Gqoboka will be hoping for his first taste of international action.
- Australia have lost four of their last six international matches with two away wins over Argentina and Italy last Autumn to speak of so their hopes are not as high as they will have been in years gone by.
- David Pocock has travelled with the Australia squad to Johannesburg to train but he will not feature here as he recovers from injury.
- With the World Cup in mind, The Aussies have selected an experimental side and that should encourage some fierce competition amongst the fringe players as they look to make a big impression and book their ticket to Japan later in the year.
Since 2012, South Africa have won this fixture six times to Australia’s five with two draws. While their last six results suggest South Africa are more in form, neither side has played competitively this year and although the Springboks are missing their influential leader, they should have enough here in a battle between two weakened sides.