When is Argentina vs New Zealand taking place? Saturday 20th July, 2019 – 19:05 (UK)
Where is Argentina vs New Zealand taking place? Estadio Jose Amalfitani, Buenos Aires
What is the expected weather for Argentina vs New Zealand? Cloudy, 12c
What channel is Argentina vs New Zealand on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Argentina vs New Zealand? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Argentina vs New Zealand? Check https://super.rugby/therugbychampionship/news/
for ticket information
What was the score in the last meeting? New Zealand 35-17 Argentina
THE TEAM NEWS
- Argentina have lost their last six matches and were handed the wooden spoon in last year’s tournament despite wins over South Africa and Australia but this year they will want to take advantage of weakened opposition with the World Cup looming on the horizon.
- The Pumas have never beaten the All Blacks in a competitive international before but coach Mario Ledesma will have designs on third place in the tournament.
- Ledesma has named a strong starting team with only two changes from the Jaguares team that lost the Super Rugby final to the Crusaders earlier in July.
- New Zealand won five out of six matches in last year’s Rugby Championship, losing only to South Africa 34-36 in their first meeting and they are the favourites once again to clinch the title.
- Steve Hansen has named four uncapped players in his extended All Blacks squad - Sevu Reese, Josh Ioane, Luke Jacobson and Braydon Ennor.
- The squad selection is indicative of a side with one eye on the World Cup but Ngani Laumape is one player who will be looking to impress given the injury to Sonny Bill Williams.
It will be interesting to see what Argentina bring to the table in a World Cup year. The All Blacks were beaten by an excellent Ireland last Autumn and while they will be obvious favourites to win here, their weakened side may open the door for the Pumas so it should be a competitive affair and potentially a high-scoring one.