AT A GLANCE
When is Sri Lanka vs England taking place? Friday, November 23rd
Where Sri Lanka vs England taking place? Colombo
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs England? 25-28c with a high chance of rain affecting play in the first three days but sunshine as the match progresses
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket and Sky Sports Main Event
Where can I stream the match? The match can be streamed on the Sky Go app and Sky Sports website
Are tickets still available for Sri Lanka vs England? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Suranga Lakmal
- Sri Lanka will be desperate to avoid a whitewash coming into this third and final test but preparations have not been ideal once again although the pitch is expected to be another one which favours the spinners.
- Spinner Akila Dananjay is in Australia for his biomechanics test on his suspect bowling action so that weakens them here and left-arm wrist spinner Lakshan Sandakan is most likely to come into the team for him.
- Danushka Gunathilaka has been drafted in and could be handed an opportunity but they are unlikely to make further changes given how they have struggled in the series so far and they will be desperate to regain some pride with a positive result in Colombo.
Captain: Joe Root
- England are flying with confidence at the moment following their series victory and they are expected to keep the intensity high and not ease off the gas to seal a whitewash to maintain this strong run of form.
- Bairstow and Broad come back into the side as Anderson and Curran drop out of the eleven, and the duo will be motivated to impress as Bairstow especially is expected to be given the opportunity to bat in the troublesome number three spot.
- The injury to Sam Curran is not a major issue as he did not bowl much in the last test and the changes only strengthen the batting unit even further, but it may mean that Joe Root will contribute even more with his part-time spin if required.
England have won the series comfortably despite being underdogs in both test matches so far and they will want to seal the whitewash here. The batting line-up especially looks formidable especially with Bairstow coming into the side, and with such competition for places, the players know they cannot afford any slip-ups. Sri Lanka have more negative team news with Akila Dananjay unavailable which is not helping their cause at all, and although they will play for pride, their confidence is not great. England have the edge, even in the spin department, and unless the weather impacts the game severely, England should run out winners here.