When is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Sunday 24th March, 12:30
Where is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Johannesburg
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? Temperatures between 22-24c with sun and plenty of cloud cover throughout
What channel is South Africa vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Sri Lanka? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/2329055a-fabe-9283-7246-5b83f129ddf7
South Africa beat South Africa by 16 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: JP Duminy
- Despite fielding a much-changed side, South Africa were able to claim the win to seal the T20 series against Sri Lanka and will now be looking to complete a whitewash in the third and final game.
- Stand-in captain JP Duminy notched an unbeaten 33 off just 17 balls as he helped his side to 180/3 with Reeza Hendricks and Rassie van der Dussen both scoring in the 60s in the 16-run victory.
- Sinethemba Qeshile made his T20 debut for the Proteas and took two catches as he kept wicket over Chris Morris whilst Aiden Markram only managed three runs on his T20 debut after he opened the batting with Hendricks.
Captain: Lasith Malinga
- Sri Lanka fell 16 runs short in their run chase as they lost the second game of this T20 series with the tourists now only having pride at stake as they look to avoid a series whitewash in the third match.
- The Sri Lankans were never really in the game having struggled to take wickets and lost regular wickets themselves until Isuru Udana gave them a slight glimmer of hope with a sensational unbeaten 84 off just 48 balls.
- The Lions named an unchanged side for the second game but after some further disappointing displays, they will likely make some changes with the series already decided and with Avishka Fernando once again failing with the bat, Sadeera Samarawickrama should be afforded a chance.
South Africa were fairly comfortable winners in the second T20 match as they claimed the series and will now look to end with a 3-0 win here. The Sri Lankans were poor with both bat and ball and if it wasn’t for Isuru Udana’s spectacular knock, they would have lost by a lot more. The Proteas took regular wickets and despite failing to get rid of Udana, the result was never really in doubt but they will look to improve once again in this final match of the series which they can win to claim the whitewash.