When is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Sunday 10th March, 08:00
Where is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Durban
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? Temperatures between 26-27c with lots of cloud cover and thunderstorms expected to cause serious interruptions
What channel is South Africa vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Sri Lanka? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/p...
South Africa beat Sri Lanka by 113 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- South Africa claimed another comfortable victory against Sri Lanka in their second ODI game although they had their bowlers to thank after their batsman failed to capitalise on a promising start.
- After looking set for a huge total with wickets in hand heading into the final 15 overs, South Africa lost six wickets for just 31 runs but the 251 they scored turned out to be more than enough for victory as they won by 113 runs.
- Lungi Ngidi took headline figures of 2-14 whilst Anrich Nortje and Kagiso Rabada were also impressive as they skittled Sri Lanka for just 138 with any potential changes in the third game set to come amongst the batsmen with place still up for grabs ahead of the World Cup.
Captain: Lasith Malinga
- The form Sri Lanka showed in the Test series has so far deserted them during the ODI series and they find themselves 2-0 down heading into the crucial third match as they look to keep themselves alive.
- A 113-run loss was attributed to a poor batting display after they stuttered to just 138 after their bowlers had given them a total to chase down after managing to rip through the middle order and tail.
- After two poor performances, Sri Lanka may opt to shake up their line-up again with Norishan Dickwella under threat with the opener managing just 14 runs from the two games so far this series with Priyamal Perera and Angelo Perera two options to come into the side.
Even after a major batting collapse, South Africa still had more than enough runs on the board to claim a comfortable win in the second ODI and will now look to wrap-up the series in the third game although they could be thwarted by thunderstorms that are expected to interrupt the match in Durban. Both teams still have spots up for grabs ahead of the World Cup and any poor performances from this point on could be costly for individuals looking to seal their spot but in terms of this game, South Africa will again have too much for the Sri Lankans to secure the series if the weather holds off.