When is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Friday 22nd March, 16:00
Where is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Centurion
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? Temperatures between 23-25c with thunderstorms set to hit during play and could cause severe disruptions
What channel is South Africa vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Sri Lanka? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/p...
South Africa beat South Africa in the Super Over
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: JP Duminy
- South Africa almost blew a great position after they were forced into a Super Over by Sri Lanka but the hosts did enough in the one-over shootout to claim victory in the first T20 match of the series.
- The Proteas had man-of-the-match David Miller to thank after he was put into bat for the Super Over having scored 41 from 23 balls during his innings before he added 13 of his side’s 14 runs which was enough for the win.
- Miller will have a big role to play for his side once again as he retains his place whilst other key members of the squad such as captain Faf du Plessis are rested with JP Duminy taking over as captain to potentially lead youngsters such as Sinethemba Qeshile and Lutho Sipamla. .
Captain: Lasith Malinga
- Sri Lanka produced a good display to show some fighting spirit after their awful ODI series but fell just short in the first T20 having forced a Super Over although the tourists will feel they could have claimed the win.
- Wicketkeeper Niroshan Dickwella missed the stumps as he attempted a run-out on the final ball that allowed South Africa to secure the run they needed for the Super Over before his side disappointed as they fell well short of their target of 15 from their six balls.
- After naming a relatively young line-up in the first game, the Lions will learn from that experience and could opt to offer game time to more of their squad with Sadeera Samarawickrama an option to come in to the side.
Imran Tahir went out with a bang in his final international match in South Africa as he was given the responsibility of bowling for the Proteas in their thrilling Super Over contest in the first T20 with the veteran doing the job as his side claimed the win. Both teams will feel they could have won the first game for different reasons and before it even reached the one-over shootout but with the home side set to field a very different side that will be missing some of their big hitters, Sri Lanka can edge this second game and keep the series alive ahead of the third and final match.