When is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Wednesday 13th March, 14:00
Where is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? National Stadium, Karachi
What is the expected weather for Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? 25-27c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? This match can be streamed live on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2019 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl/eventlist.aspx
All-time meetings: Peshawar Zalmi W5, Quetta Gladiators W6, No result 1
Last meeting: Quetta Gladiators beat Peshawar Zalmi by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Peshawar Zalmi come into this first qualifier against Quetta Gladiators in fine form having won five of their last six matches but two of three defeats they suffered in the group phase came against the Gladiators.
- They looked to acclimatise to conditions in Karachi fantastically well on Monday as they smashed 203/7 against Karachi Kings and then proceeded to bowl them out for 142 to claim an impressive 61-run victory.
- Their outstanding bowling unit proved key to them once again with Hasan Ali continuing his fine form while Kamran Akmal looks to have finally found some form at the right time with the bat so they will surely go unchanged for this qualifier to see who moves directly into the PSL final unless they decide to throw the returning Chris Jordan straight into the side after international duty with England.
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Quetta Gladiators missed the chance to finish top of the group stage ladder as they contrived to lose by one-run against Karachi Kings when they only needed 5 from the final over and they managed to lose three wickets in Usman Shinwari’s final six balls.
- Much remains to be seen as to how that loss will affect the players in what was a hugely disappointing result after a relatively good performance but they will take confidence from the fact they have already beaten Peshawar Zalmi twice already in this year’s tournament.
- They are unlikely to make changes from that defeat but skipper Sarfraz Ahmed will be demanding a much-improved performance here and he will be hoping Shane Watson and especially Rilee Rossouw – who is due a big knock – will support the in-form Ahmed Shehzad and lead them into the final with a win here.
The top two teams in the PSL ladder meet in the first qualifier in what should be a fascinating match. Peshawar Zalmi topped the standings but lost twice to Quetta Gladiators in the group phase so they will be desperate to put a marker down here and prove they can beat them. Their bowling unit has been key for them throughout the tournament but they have been unable to get the better of the Gladiators this edition. The Gladiators have to be favoured given their strong form in matches against Peshawar Zalmi, and they should bounce back from the stunning loss to the Kings on Sunday.