When is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Friday 15th February, 17:00
Where is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? 22-23c with cloudy skies but no chance of rain
What channel is Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators? Ticket information for all PSL 2019 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl/eventlist.aspx
All-time meetings: Peshawar Zalmi W5, Quetta Gladiators W4
Last meeting: Peshawar Zalmi beat Quetta Gladiators by 1 run
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Peshawar will be hoping to go one better than last season after they narrowly missed out on defending their 2017 PSL title as they ended runners-up last year but have the team to challenge again in 2019.
- Zalmi boast Wahab Riaz amongst their ranks and he is the highest wicket-taker in PSL history and he is supported by Hasan Ali to provide an excellent pace attack which is complemented by the all-round prowess of Kieron Pollard.
- One area that could be a cause for concern comes in the form of Peshawar’s top-order batting with a lot potentially relying on the shoulders of Misbah-ul-Haq but there could be a lack of bigger-hitting batsmen on show.
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Quetta Gladiators will be hoping to rediscover their form of 2016 and 2017 when they were runners-up after falling at the play-off stage of the competition in 2018 with the Gladiators potential dark horses.
- Quetta are not fancied to win the competition but should make the play-offs once again and from there anything can happen although the Gladiators will need their consistent T20 performers to carry that into the PSL.
- Dwayne Bravo could be the key man for the Gladiators and he will need to be good with both bat and ball for his side and will be supported by the likes of Sunil Narine and captain Sarfraz Ahmed, although Narine is a doubt and is expected to miss the start of the tournament with a finger injury.
Peshawar have been one of the most successful teams in the PSL as they still stand as one of only two teams to win the competition and have backed that up with two efforts as runners-up. They can go one better this year but will need their batsmen to produce with a lack of genuine explosive power. Quetta Gladiators stand in their way in the first game and whilst they too can have a successful campaign, Peshawar should have too much in their opening contest.