When is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Sunday 24th February, 11:30
Where is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? 23-25c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? This match can be streamed live on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? Ticket information for all PSL 2019 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl/eventlist.aspx
All-time meetings: Multan Sultans W2, Peshawar Zalmi W0
Last meeting: Multan Sultans beat Peshawar Zalmi by 19 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Johan Botha
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The Sultans were on the receiving end of a brilliant run chase by Lahore Qalandars who surpassed their impressive total of 200/6 last time out to condemn them to their third defeat in their opening four matches so they desperately need to get back in the win column.
- The major positive to take from that game was understandably their batting as James Vince came in for his first match in this edition of the PSL and smashed an outstanding 84 from 41 balls to carry his good form from the Big Bash with Sydney Sixers into this tournament while Dan Christian also looked good with the bat.
- Star all-rounder Shahid Afridi was missing from that game as the quick turnaround in matches did not help the veteran but he should return here and that will bolster the bowling unit massively as they struggled when under pressure against the Qalandars.
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Peshawar Zalmi are coming off a defeat to Islamabad United on Friday where they restricted them to 158/9 with yet another good bowling performance but they fell 12 runs short as their top order especially struggled in the run chase.
- They will be heartened by the form of Hasan Ali who has taken 10 wickets in his last 3 matches now and their bowling unit is keeping them competitive in every game right now and is arguably the best in the entire tournament.
- The batting however has to improve and they will hope that Dawid Malan can find some form after coming into the side in the last match but was out for just one, and although they do bat deep with their all-rounders, the top order has to do more with skipper Darren Sammy arguably something of a passenger in the team right now.
This promises to be a classic match between two well-matched teams. Peshawar Zalmi have relied heavily on the bowling attack and that has been the difference maker for them so far while their batting has not quite matched those standards. The Sultans batting has improved and looks strong but their bowling unit is not as strong. The battle between the all-rounders on each side could be the key here with Dawson, Pollard and Wahab Riaz for Zalmi against Russell, Christian and Shahid Afridi for the Sultans. The Sultans have struggled at times, but with Afridi back in, may just bounce back here in a close fought game.