When is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Saturday 23rd February, 16:00
Where is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? 23-25c with sunshine forecast although there is rain expected in the morning which should not affect the game
What channel is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings on? This match will be televised live on HUM Masala (Sky Channel 720)
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? This match can be streamed live on https://www.cricketgateway.com
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Ticket information for all PSL 2019 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl/eventlist.aspx
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W5, Karachi Kings W4
Last meeting: Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Dean Jones
Captain: Mohammad Sami
- Islamabad United edged a tight game against Peshawar Zalmi on Friday to get back to winning ways as they successfully defended what seemed to be a below par total of 158/9 to win by 12 runs thanks in part to Mohammad Sami’s hat-trick to wrap the game up.
- Veteran Ian Bell was brought into the side to add some experience to the top order and he did not disappoint as his 54 from 46 balls underpinned the innings and that should see him get a run of matches now as those around him have struggled so far.
- It was a much improved bowling display by Islamabad in that match so Sami and Shadab Khan will look to continue that here against Karachi King who sit bottom of the PSL ladder themselves right now.
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Imad Wasim
- Karachi Kings got their PSL campaign off to a great start by overpowering the Multan Sultans but they have stumbled in their last two matches against Lahore Qalandars and Peshawar Zalmi where their batting failed miserably so they need to make big improvements.
- They welcomed Ben Dunk into the side last time out as a wicket-keeper and batsmen but their top order failed so they will be expecting much more from him, Babar Azam, Livingstone and Ingram that on paper is one of the strongest top fours in the tournament.
- The bowling unit is strong although they have yet to piece together a complete performance where they have all played well as a unit so it is fair to say that all areas of the team have to improve although they should be unchanged and be handed another chance here.
The Kings have been hugely disappointing in their last two matches and they are under some pressure to perform here. Islamabad got back to winning ways on Friday and that should give them some confidence but there remain plenty of holes in their performances. This match is a 50/50 tie but the Kings really have the urgency and it is common that teams playing back to back matches can struggle to maintain the momentum so the Kings are marginally favoured here.