When? Thursday 1st March
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? Some cloud expected but no rain with temperatures of 24-26c
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Quetta Gladiators W3, Peshawar Zalmi W2, No result 1
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- The Gladiators cantered to victory on Wednesday against Islamabad United thanks to some economical bowling and solid batting throughout their top order to make it two wins from three and put them in a good position in the PSL ladder.
- They had to do without star fast bowler Jofra Archer in that game due to a strain and he is a doubt to play once again so that remains a major loss which was emphasised in the game against United where his replacement John Hastings conceded 36 from his four overs including 24 in his first.
- Mahmudullah was handed a start ahead of South African batsman Rilee Rossouw and he may get another opportunity as they will likely go with the same line-up for this one after their victory on Wednesday.
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- After losing their last match against leaders Karachi Kings last time out, Peshawar Zalmi need to win this game to stay in chase for the top four places but this will not be an easy task against the talented Gladiators.
- Zalmi batted first against the Kings and could only register 131/9 off their 20 overs and 71 of those came from Dwayne Smith so there is pressure on the rest of their batting order to raise their game here.
- Ibtisam Sheikh has been a revelation so far with his leg spin as he keeps England international Liam Dawson out of the side, and the bowling attack in general has looked strong so far so any changes in personnel are more likely to come in the batting order.
Contrasting results and form for these two sides coming into this game. Peshawar Zalmi were comprehensively beaten last time out albeit against the form side in PSL 2018 in the Karachi Kings while the Gladiators picked up a routine win against Islamabad United. They also have the advantage of having played in Sharjah already and can carry the momentum in back-to-back matches. Their batting and bowling clicked against Islamabad and they will be confident of another win – even more so if they get Jofra Archer back too.