When? Thursday 15th March
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 24-26c forecast with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W3, Quetta Gladiators W3
Coach: Moin Khan
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- The Gladiators were one of two teams to first qualify for the play-offs along with their opponents here so while there is essentially nothing on the line here, they will be keen to set a marker down ahead of any potential meetings in the final four.
- The Gladiators will assess the fitness of some of their more senior players like Kevin Pietersen and Shane Watson as this will be their second match in two days, and they may opt to rest their star overseas players with Watson especially struggling with the ball against the Qalandars.
- Watson was hit for 50 runs off his four overs, while Rahat Ali went for 51 as the Qalandars hit 186/4 so they will be keen to improve their bowling against another powerful batting line-up and the likes of Ben Laughlin come back into the team.
Coach: Dean Jones
- Islamabad have already qualified for the play-offs thanks to their superb run of form which has seen them win their last five matches in succession after a relatively slow start to PSL 2018.
- Kiwi Luke Ronchi has been in outstanding form hitting three half centuries and has been United’s top runscorer in four of their last six matches so they have been getting off to fantastic starts with him opening the innings.
- They are now able to call upon England international David Willey who has just arrived and there is every chance that they will give him a start as he has not played much in recent weeks and they will want to get him some game time.
Both teams could be tempted to rest some of their veterans and key players for this game as they have already qualified for the play-offs. That makes this game particularly unpredictable to call although the Islamabad outfit certainly have the edge in form overall and have been the strongest side in the second half of PSL 2018. That said, there are too many question marks in this one, and it is best to avoid taking any positions until the line-ups are revealed and the game gets underway.