When? Friday 16th March
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 25-27c expected with cloud but no rain
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Peshawar Zalmi W4, Lahore Qalanders W1
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Zalmi impressed in their win over the Kings on Thursday and they come into this match knowing that if they can beat the Qalandars for a second time this season, they will leapfrog the Sultans and claim a play-off place.
- They will likely name the same eleven players that beat the Kings on Thursday and they will take confidence from the last time they played the Qalandars where they hammered them by ten wickets, chasing down their target in just 13.4 overs.
- Liam Dawson took 3/17 on Thursday and he has been a key contributor for them with bat and ball, while Wahab Riaz continues to be their main bowling threat as he sits second in the wickets taken list, and those two will be key once again here.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Qalandars continue to impress since they lost their first six matches and were eliminated from the tournament as they have won their next three games and come off a fantastic 17-run win over the Gladiators where they smashed 186/4 batting first.
- Fakhar Zaman appeared set to hit the first hundred in PSL 2018 but he was out for 94 runs off just 50 balls in what was one of the best innings in the tournament so far and they will look to him for more big hitting.
- Spin duo Yasir Shah and Sunil Narine are bowling extremely well right now so they will be key but McCullum will be hoping the clash between Sohail Khan and Yasir Shah does not carry over into this game after Sohail’s childish antics of throwing the ball at his team-mate last time out.
The Qalandars have nothing but pride to play for but that makes them a dangerous team as their last three opponents can testify. They showed great intensity in the last game to beat the Gladiators and they are playing well with both bat and ball. Defending champions Zalmi know nothing but a win will suffice here so they will be playing hard themselves as they did in the excellent win over the Kings on Thursday. Unless the pressure gets to them, they should have too much in the bowling department for the Qalandars to lead them to victory.