When? Saturday 24th February
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Warm temperatures of around 28-30c expected with sunshine all day.
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on http://pakistansuperleague.com.pk/pakistan-super-league-psl-tickets/
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W3, Peshawar Zalmi W2
Coach: Dean Jones
- Islamabad play their opening match in PSL 2018 with high hopes for success this year and they are led by veteran Misbah-ul-Haq who will once again skipper the side at the age of 43.
- Andre Russell will make his long-awaited return to action after serving a one-year doping ban, and the talented West Indian all-rounder will be eager to produce although it may take some time to shake any rust off.
- Islamabad arguably have the best bowling attack in PSL 2018 with Mohammad Sami, Shadab Khan, Rumman Raees and Russell, and they will be confident of keeping this economical and taking wickets, so they will be key to their hopes.
Coach: Mohammad Akram
Captain: Darren Sammy
- Peshawar Zalmi were comprehensively outplayed by PSL newcomers Multan Sultans in the opening game of the tournament, so they will be keen to bounce back quickly and get a win under their belts.
- They were without two key players in Dwayne Bravo and Hasan Ali for the opening match and that unquestionably affected them but they will be desperately hoping that Bravo is available to play this match.
- Darren Sammy may consider moving himself up the order for his big hitting which was vital in their opening match as too many of their batsmen in the top five struggled to hit for more than a run a ball and they will have to take more risks than their passive first performance.
Peshawar Zalmi were extremely disappointing in their opening match and they will be hoping to get Bravo back at least to give them a boost with bat and ball. Islamabad’s bowling attack looks strong and that will cause Sammy’s men plenty of trouble just like the Sultans did in the opening game. Islamabad’s batting is not as strong as it could be until Hales is available, but they will fancy their chances if they do not allow Wahab Riaz to cause too much damage. Take the cautious approach in this one to see how Islamabad start their campaign.