When? Thursday 8th March
Where? Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Dubai is warming up once again so temperatures of 26-28c expected
What channel is it on? Prime TV
Where can I stream the match? Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars can be streamed online via http://www.primetv.tv/watch_live.html
Are tickets still available? Ticket information for all PSL 2018 fixtures can be found on https://www.q-tickets.com/psl2018/eventslist.aspx
All-time meetings: Islamabad United W3, Lahore Qalanders W2
Coach: Dean Jones
- Islamabad United picked up an important win last time out to keep them in contention for the top four places and they will be aware that they have to beat the Qalandars like every other team has been doing in PSL 2018 so far.
- They have been dealt a further injury blow with the news that West Indian all-rounder Andre Russell has been ruled out for the rest of the tournament with a hamstring pull, so that combined with the knee injury to Rumman Raees has left them a bit short of quality bowling options.
- As a replacement in this game for Russell, they could be tempted to bring English fast bowler Steven Finn back into the side to have an extra option against a fragile but powerful top order batting line-up for the Qalandars.
Coach: Aqib Javed
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Qalandars must win this game to have any chance to reach the top four positions and they remain the only side without a point in PSL 2018 so they will be keen to salvage some pride even if their confidence is low.
- The match against United last time out was the closest the Qalandars have come to winning a game, and it was a game they should have won after restricting them to 121/9 and then needing just 45 runs from 53 balls, and they somehow contrived to be bowled out and lose on the Super Over.
- South African pace bowler Kyle Abbott was brought in to replace the injured Chris Lynn and he will likely start here with Mustafizur Rahman with Bangladesh on national team duty so that may prove to be an upgrade to the bowling attack.
The Qalandars came closest to winning a game against Islamabad United last time they met only to somehow capitulate and lose in a Super Over. They lost their next game in miserable fashion the day after but they have had a break to recover and regroup. Islamabad United need to keep winning as the top four are all chasing the top four spots and the race is tight. That said, this could well be the game which sees the Qalandars get off the mark with McCullum especially highly motivated to get his team going.